1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you access or use our Services, or otherwise engage with us, we may ask you to provide us with the following information about you:
- Contact information: [Name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.] We collect this information to create and maintain your account, provide you with product(s), communicate with you about our Services (including to tell you about products that may be of interest to you), respond to your queries, offer promotions and administer surveys.
- [Account information:
- Information about your use of the services: Products that you buy, place in your shopping cart, or otherwise express interest in. We collect this information to provide you with product(s), facilitate your engagement with the Services, personalize your experience, monitor and analyze trends in connection with the Services and conduct internal research and development.
- Any other information you choose to provide: This includes product reviews, pictures and videos, product reviews, responses to surveys/quizzes and any other information that you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending us an email. We use this information to facilitate your engagement with the Services, [including to enable you to post comments and reviews,] to engage with other users, and to communicate with you about our Services (including to tell you about products that may be of interest to you), offer promotions, administer surveys, personalize your experience, monitor and analyze trends in connection with the Services and conduct research and development.Some features of the Services may require you to enter certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Some features of the Services may require you to enter certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
We may obtain information about you from other sources:
- If you choose to participate in our refer-a-friend program or purchase an e-gift card for someone else, as well as collecting information about you, we will collect information about your friend (their name and email address) to invite your friend to shop with us and/or send them their e-gift card.
- Third parties that you choose to share with us, for example when you choose to access the Services through social media (e.g., Facebook or Instagram) or link any social media platforms to your account. In addition, if you interact with us on social media or other online services (such as Yelp), we will collect information about those interactions.
- Third party service providers who help us process or supplement the information you have provided (e.g., from our payment processor who collects certain payment information from you to complete transactions and help us provide you with product(s)).
- Other sources, such as from publicly available sources.
In addition, our website, like most websites, uses third party tools, including cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies (“Tracking Technologies”), including Google Analytics, to provide and enhance the performance of our Services, facilitate and enhance user experience, monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services and conduct internal research and development. For further information about Google Analytics, please click [The information we collect through Tracking Technologies includes:
- Details of the devices used to access our website, such as unique device identifier, browser type, device type, and operating system information.
- IP address.
- Precise location.
- Date and time stamps, such as the date and time you first accessed the Services.
- Log data.
- Other information regarding your interaction with the Services, such as clickstream data, referral activity, which emails you may have opened and ad impressions.
We may associate this information with your account (if you have a registered account), the device you use to access the Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with us.
In addition to the specific uses of information described above, we may use all of the above information to provide, improve and develop the Services and our product offerings, including as we describe in our Terms of Service, to comply with any applicable legal obligations, to enforce any applicable terms of service, to protect or defend the Services, our rights, the rights of our users, or others, for the purpose of combatting fraud, or to otherwise operate our business.
2. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may share information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With vendors and service providers, including cloud storage providers, mail___ payment processors, fulfilment/shipping partners, security vendors, data analytics vendors and our e-commerce platform.
- When you request us to share certain information with third parties, such as through your use of social media widgets or login integrations.
- To comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- In connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction.
- To enforce any applicable terms of service.
- To ensure the safety and security of Royalties of Essence and our users.
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms.
3. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, our website is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may control the way in which your devices permit the use of Tracking Technologies. If you so choose, you may block or delete our cookies from your browser; however, blocking or deleting cookies may cause some of the Services, including any portal features and general functionality, to work incorrectly.
In addition, to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, click here
4. USER GENERATED CONTENT
Certain features of the Services allow users to upload content (e.g., through uploading a review, linking social media accounts, participating in discussions), which you may elect to participate in. Through your participation, you may submit username, photos, videos, product reviews and related information that you may choose to provide. “User-Generated Content” or “UGC”). We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, or otherwise use UGC, and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may also have access to UGC and may have the ability to share it with third parties. If you choose to submit UGC to any public area of the Services, your UGC will be considered “public” and will be accessible by anyone, including Royalties of Essence. Please see section 9 below for rights that you may have in relation to UGC if you are a California resident.
Please note that we do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the features permitting creation of UGC or what others do with information you share with them on such platforms. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any UGC that you disclose or receive from third parties through social media or discussions on our website.
5. SOCIAL FEATURES
Certain features of the Services permit you to initiate interactions between the Services and third-party services or platforms, such as social media (“Social Features”). Social Features include features that allow you to click and access Royalties of Essence pages on certain third-party platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, and from there to “like” or “share” our content on those platforms. Use of Social Features may entail a third party’s collection and/or use of your data. If you use Social Features or similar third-party services, information you post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you are using. Both Royalties of Essence and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Services and the third-party service. For more information on third-party websites and platforms, see Section 6 below.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the below information to request that it be deleted.
8. DATA SECURITY
Please note that any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you transmit to us you do at your own risk.
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Services are designed for users in the United States only and are not intended for users located outside the United States.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US